COVID-19 Pandemic Update 3/23/2020:
Change in Business Practices at Veterinary Behavior of Indiana
As our continued effort to public health, all appointments that are scheduled until April 15th will have the option be either converted to telemedicine or rescheduled at this time.
We value the health of all our clients, staff, and their families. We understand this time is challenging for everyone and have developed options for our clients and patients in conjunction with the CDC’s recommendations during this pandemic.
If your pet is scheduled for an initial behavior consultation:
Your options include:
1. Convert your pet’s consultation into a telemedicine appointment held at the same date and time as your original appointment using a video conferencing platform (Zoom or Skype).
- During the appointment, we will need to be able to observe your pet by video in your home environment.
- An in-person 15-30-minute evaluation will be scheduled to take place outside the clinic or after the “shelter-in-place” recommendations have been lifted.
- A telemedicine consent form needs to be signed before the consultation.
- Reschedule your appointment for a later date.
We will need to see a completed behavior history form and full medical records before the initial consultation.
If your pet is scheduled for a recheck appointment:
Your options are:
- Reschedule the recheck appointment to a later date.
- Convert your recheck appointment to a telemedicine appointment for the same date and time.
- Cancel your appointment and transfer management of your pet and prescriptions to your primary care veterinarian.
Please let us know if you have any questions and concerns at any time. ~ Dr. Rigterink