Interested in a career in veterinary medicine?
If you strive to be part of a practice that emphasizes the wellbeing and personal development of team members, and you desire to make a difference in the lives of pets, pet parents, and members of the veterinary profession, we would like to talk to you!
Behavior Therapy Trainer
The Behavior Therapy Trainer guides clients and patients through the behavioral treatment plan while working closely with our team. Additionally, the Behavior Therapy Trainer receives reports from clients about patient progress and provides more instruction as needed. The Behavior Therapy Trainer conducts behavior modification training sessions independently at in-clinic appointments and at-home visits (within a certain radius). The Behavior Therapy Trainer also assists with administrative responsibilities including appointment preparation, client communication via emails and phone calls, visit summaries, medical record-keeping, social media, and educational events. In addition, there will be opportunities for small group classes and training events if desired.
- Focused work ethic
- Team player
- Good at multitasking
- Passion for treatment of significant behavioral disorders in animals
- Passion for working with clients
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills for our medical records system
- Presents a professional appearance
- Encouraged to have (or actively working towards): Karen Pryor Academy (KPA-CTP) or Jean Donaldson Academy for Dog Trainers (CTC), IAABC, Fear Free, and other established educational and certifying organizations.
- Solid background in reading canine/ feline body language and learning theory.
- Prior experience working one-on-one with clients and their pets using reward-based training techniques.
Full or Part-time employment considered. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, please send a letter of intent and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Consultations by appointment only.
Are you ready to see us?
Click the button below to request an appointment in minutes! We look forward to seeing you soon!